ResultsMail does not recommend deleting email addresses because this causes you to lose the unsubscribe and hard bounce history of the email addresses. This could leave you open to Federal fines of up to $11,000 per email sent to a previously unsubscribed contact.
If you are simply looking to re-shuffle the location of contacts, you can always go to Manage Groups and delete the current groups. This will drop your contacts into ungrouped. You may then import a new list to a new group. Any contacts that are in the new list and also in ungrouped will then be moved out of ungrouped and into the new group.
If you have added names or other data to your contacts that you would like to use in ResultsMail, you will need to delete the contacts first before you can re-import with the new data. This needs to be done carefully so that you do not delete unsubscribed contacts. If you have a group of contacts you would like to delete and replace, follow these steps:
- Go to Contacts then Manage Groups and click on the head in the row of that group to view the contacts.
- Click on the Export icon to Export to Excel.
- Use Data > Sort to sort on the subscribed column.
- Select only the email addresses of the contacts that have a 1 in the subscribed column, these are subscribed contacts, and copy them.
- In ResultsMail, go to Contact Options and paste these contacts into the box, up to 500 at a time, and select to delete them.